As a Console Programmer at YAGER you will work with an international team of highly experienced and talented developers that are passionate about their work. Support a team embracing the latest technology on the newest console hardware (PS4 and XBox One). You will work closely with engineers, content creators and designers to get the best out of Epic's latest technology and extend it where needed to deliver our shared vision of the game.
- Responsible for creating console specific technology within Unreal Engine
- Porting, optimization and maintenance of existing systems on next gen consoles (PS4 and XBox One)
- Work with proprietary existing technology and build new technology in order to comply with the project’s technical requirements
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Support low-level debugging (performance and memory issues)
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Working experience with the C/C++ programming language
- Good understanding and special interest in low level programming
- Multi-threaded programming and parallel processing experience
- Strong 3D math and graphics background
- Excellent knowledge of software practices, especially OOD and OOP
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility, ability to work collaboratively, excel as a team player
- Passionate about videogames
- Experience with Unreal Engine 3 or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in identifying and fixing performance and memory issues on PS3, XBox360, PC, PS4 and/or XBox One
Join Our Team!
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
- Relocation support & service
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in interdisciplinary teams with a flat hierarchy, please send us your application using our online form.