The Behemoth is seeking a programmer for console titles that are currently in development. The programming team will be responsible for migrating existing current-gen game code to new platforms, including next-gen consoles, and possibly handheld and mobile devices. We're looking for self-motivated individuals that are quick learners and highly adaptable to a variety of work environments.
What will you be doing?
Make existing code run on new platforms including next-gen consoles. Become familiar with a legacy codebase and become the maintainer of games using that codebase; fix bugs and add new features. Work with QA to make sure existing features continue to work and new features work as expected. Suggest and implement improvements to make the code more maintainable and portable, and to make it easier to add content in the future.
What have you done, and what are you good at?
You have four or more years of programming experience in the game industry, primarily C++, with at least one shipped console title under your belt. Experience with Xbox 360, PS3, or Steam is preferred. You are highly motivated and willing to take initiative to get things done. You are able to quickly understand a complex codebase; you can figure out how the pieces fit together and how to make changes that fit into existing systems. You understand the basics of multiplayer network programming and have worked with matchmaking/lobby APIs. Extensive networking experience is a big plus. Ideally, you have some Adobe Flash/ActionScript programming experience. You have an excellent eye for detail and a high standard of quality.
• Strong understanding of video game design concepts and principles.
• A demonstrable passion for game design.
• Familiarity with a range of game genres with an emphasis on 2D conventions.
• Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Reliable and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Unrestricted US work authorization required.
• No possibility of telecommuting.
• Able to work overtime when needed.
• Compensation based on experience.
• No agencies please.
• No recruiters.