Vicarious Visions is looking for imaginative and talented concept artists to join our studio to spearhead and champion visual development on the next generation of award-winning games for Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and mobile platforms.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Create environmental concepts and mood pieces which help define landscapes, architectural set pieces and props;
· Create character and creature concepts including character sheets and detailed callouts for equipment, weapons, costumes, etc…;
· Ability to rapidly express visual direction in both detailed line art and color imagery;
· Collaborate with technical leadership to establish a visual technical strategy that supports the project’s visual direction;
· A high level of proficiency with 2D computer paint packages, such as Photoshop or Painter;
· Mindset to be self-driven and accurately provide time estimates and then adhere to them;
· Iterate on game assets with artists and art leadership via paint-overs and group critiques.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette;
· Experience working in a wide variety of styles with an emphasis and passion for exaggerate form and silhouette;
· An understanding of how multiple design components can relate visually to support a bigger picture;
· Strong working knowledge of 3D art techniques, software packages and re.
· Solid foundation in traditional art, such as figure drawing, industrial design, landscape painting, and illustration.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life! Please apply at www.vvisions.com.