Runic Games has an immediate opening for a concept artist for full time work at our office in downtown Seattle. The position will be responsible for collaborating with the team in designing a visually cohesive and compelling fantasy game world.
- 3+ years experience creating concept illustrations in a production environment.
- Experience in all subjects of design including characters, props, and environments.
- Exceptional proficiency working in Photoshop.
- Ability to match the artistic style of the current project outside of his or her personal style.
- Strong eye for light, value, composition and color.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be collaborative.
- Must be receptive to art direction and perform well within a team setting.
- A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to get work done with minimum supervision.
- Develop solid production concepts of environments, structures, characters and props for a stylized, fantasy setting.
- Work with 3d artists and designers to quickly iterate and prototype game visuals and mechanics.
- Creating polished, detail-oriented production concepts for 3d production.
- Cover letter
- Web portfolio that demonstrates variety a variety of subjects as well with samples from previous work experience.