Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Concept Artist-Illustrator to join our team. The Concept Artist will be responsible for creating ground breaking concepts and illustrations for pre-production, engaging loading screens, and marketing materials.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates exceptional drawing and rendering skills of contemporary and futuristic vehicles and environments. Work must clearly demonstrate excellent understanding of design principles, proportion, form, composition, lighting and atmosphere
- BFA or equivalent game development experience
- Fine art skills; anatomy, perspective, industrial design and architectural rendering
- 2 years of professional experience working as a concept artist in game or movie development
- Exceptional proficiency working in Photoshop
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be collaborative
- Must be receptive to art direction and perform well within a team setting
- Must be responsive to schedules and work well under pressure
- Develop solid and beautiful concepts of contemporary armored vehicles
- Illustrate complex and beautiful combat scenes to a high level of realism.
- Collaborate effectively with art leads during review sessions
- Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by project leads, and the producer
- Consistently exercise sound decision making, in all areas of asset development and interpersonal interaction.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates that the candidate is able to render complex solid surface objects in rich environments
- Samples from previous industry work
All art resumes must be accompanied with Website portfolio.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line please.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.