GAMELOFT, present in 20 countries in Europe, North America and Asia (4,000 people), a leading international developer and publisher of video games, is seeking a:
Concept Artist for casual-social games
We are "Redsteam", a Concept Art Studio in Shanghai (Bridge 8)
Our ambition is to compose our Concept Art Dream team, so, if your skills set and interests align with the below standards, then “Get in the Game”!
This structure is dedicated to Pre-prod Concept Art and R&D.
Under the responsibility of the Creative Art Director, you will be in charge of:
- Create characters and backgrounds and take part in the artistic direction for our pre-productions.
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process (outside the studio)
The projects in question are video games for Wii, PS3, Xbox, iPhone, Nintendo DS, Ngage and mobile phones.
This position is based in Shanghai - CHINA. This international metropolis will offer you beyond doubt some nice sources of fascination.
So what are you waiting for ? Don't miss out this great career opportunity!
Join a young, dynamic and international structure and involve yourself in the start of the new concept art studio of our group !
- You are highly motivated, with a deep passion for video games.
- From a technical point of view, you master Photoshop and/or Painter.
- You can create Visual Design and Concept Art for Social Games (refs: pixar, dreamworks ...)
- An exceptional understanding of human and non-humanoid anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration, not afraid of making a lot of tries and iterations.
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts.
- Have shipped AAA videogame titles as a concept artist is a plus.
- Your organizational and interpersonal skills enable you to deliver quality projects under strict deadlines.
- You have a scholar/good level in English.
- The position requires a proficient level on both a creative point of view and on a technical one.
- We are seeking for an experienced profile, autonomous and versatile.
Please send your application (CV + a few samples of significant work + address of personal web site,
if you have one), under the reference " CONCEPTART-SHA ", to:
IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEND IMAGES OR ANIMATIONS FROM YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR CV E-MAIL OR .DOC (Word) OR .PDF (Acrobat), OR SEND US THE WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO (if you have one). ANY CV THAT DOES NOT FULFILL THIS REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE READ. Thank you for your cooperation.
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile handsets equipped with Java, Brew or Symbian technology. The total number of games-enabled handsets is anticipated to exceed four billion units by 2012. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare and DS, Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE Arcade, Apple’s iPod and PCs.
Partnership agreements with leading licensors and sports personalities such as Ubisoft Entertainment, Universal Pictures, ABC, Dreamworks Animations SKG, Endemol, 20th Century Fox, Viacom, Sony Pictures, Touchtone Television, Warner Bros., FifPro, Ferrari, Paris Hilton, Gus Hansen, Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, Reggie Bush, Chuck Norris, Jonny Wilkinson or Robinho allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Block Breaker Deluxe, Asphalt: Urban GT and New York Nights.
Through agreements with major telephone wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft has a distribution network in over 80 plus countries.
Gameloft has worldwide offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Montreal, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Paris, London, Cologne, Milan, Madrid, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Helsinki, Vienna, Bucharest, New Delhi, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
For more information go to www.gameloft.com