Animation and Visual Effects Instructors
Our intensive Animation & Visual Effects program is looking for dynamic, creative educators to join our team!
Ex’pression College, located in San Jose, has an opening for several instructors for its Animation & Visual Effects program. Ex’pression features an accelerated style of learning, professional grade art and sound recording studios, and faculty with significant industry experience. Ex’pression is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and offers Bachelor of Applied Science degrees in Sound Arts, Game Art & Design, Animation & Visual Effects, Motional Graphic Design and Digital Film Making.
Professional experience must be demonstrated in a strong visual portfolio. Experience in higher education is a huge plus, but not necessarily required for the right candidate with commensurate experience. All candidates should possess exceptional communication skills, leadership abilities, and a high level of organization and attention to detail.
A minimum of a baccalaureate degree earned in a relevant field from an accredited 4-year college, and at least four years professional experience is required.
We can only consider current Bay Area residents at this time.
Reporting to the respective Program Director and under the direct supervision of the Course Director and/or Associate Program Director; facilitate student learning in achievement of course and program learning outcomes. Instructors teach, inspire, motivate, guide, support and help the students in their course. Constantly improve their instructional and professional skills. Update materials in support of Ex’pression courses. Set high expectations for quality of work and raise the bar every time the course runs. Ensure that each student completes coursework that fulfills the goal of the class and is done with quality and attention to detail.
Essential duties and accountabilities
Competences & Qualifications
· Expert knowledge of subject matter taught in specific courses.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere in a diverse community.
· Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
· Demonstrated time management and critical thinking skills.
· Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
· Ability to work independently/without constant supervision and to follow instructions.
· Knowledge of common office software (eg: Microsoft Office Suite) with the ability to complete administrative functions (reports, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ideal candidates must have a proven professional track record, and excel at one or more of the following skills:
• Compositing using Nuke
• Compositing using Aftereffects
• Camera and lighting techniques visual effects, including shooing for green screen, motion tracking and stereoscopic production.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
For all courses except General Education
· Four years of experience in a related field.
· A Bachelors degree in a program related discipline
For General Education courses
· Four years of experience in education or a related field.
. Compositing Strong Knowledge
· A Masters degree (Phd. or Doctorate degree preferred), and 15 credit units in course taught