Amazon Game Studios is a highly creative, fast-paced team creating must-have games for Kindle HDX, Fire TV, and mobile devices. We combine a startup atmosphere with the considerable resource backing of Amazon. First and foremost, we're a game studio, and we’re passionate about creating fun.
We are seeking a talented Community Manager to join our marketing team. The Community Manager will perform the critical role of Keeping the fans and community engaged. This person will be the voice of the community internally, and the voice of the group to players. They will quickly identify potential community challenges and advocate for innovative solutions. He or she should feel equally comfortable communicating to large groups or individuals. Social media power users are required, especially those with a history of successful communication through creative ideas. In this role you will be responsible for defining player engagement strategies and developing online communities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Determine and execute on a communications strategies for the group, including but not limited to user to player forums, blogs, email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Stay current on product offerings, customer support policies, and processes.
- Monitor player posts and promote community participation to ensure that questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Solve player issues when the community doesn’t.
- Recognize sensitive issues while they are small and collaborate with the appropriate internal teams to promptly identify the right course of action.
- Devise community influencer enabling programs.
- Do frequent community performance audits and report results to internal stakeholders.
- Identify and advocate for improvements to the customer experience.
- Create and manage game related events and contests.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing online communities
- Expert knowledge of social channels including forum management, Twitter, and Facebook, including best practices and current trends
- Energetic self-starter, with a bias for action and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong business acumen, creative, and innovative
- Experience building and executing plans
- Experienced creative writer with an attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Never satisfied with process designs, and always looking for new tools and efficiency improvements
- Experienced with Photoshop and other creative software