The Community Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community and customer support teams. They will define and execute community strategy as well as communicate directly with players and maintain a strong external presence (social media). Most importantly, the Community Manager will advocate for the player internally and compile community-related metric reports to share with team leads.
• Manage the day-to-day of the community and customer support teams
• Define and maintain community strategy, including methods of engagement, content creation, moderation policies, website features & event planning
• Create and execute community initiatives
• Communicate directly with players, building strong relationships and maintaining an external presence throughout social media and in-game channels
• Ensure the community team and players stay informed of company goals and activities
• Advocate internally to ensure development is informed of player needs
• Write, review & coordinate the release of blog content and internal messaging
• Track player issues and discussion patterns via the forums and other social media
• Compile and distribute community-related metric reports
• Experience: 2-3 years in a community or player-facing role. Experience managing a team is a must have. You should also be intimately familiar with the video game industry and content management platforms like wordpress. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Self-motivated: Able to create your own tasks and ensure action is taken to improve the community and make players happy.
• Social: Solid understanding and passion for social networking, digital media, and building/fostering a community. You should have (and enjoy having) a strong presence across these platforms.
• Care about the Players: Able to recognize what players want and game design improvements that would benefit them. You better love Dungeon Defenders, tower defense, role-playing games and our fans!
• Education: Bonus points if you have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, PR, or a related field!