The Community Manager will manage the day to day operational activities surrounding the reporting and administering of online communities for our game – including our official website and social media channels. While working in a cross-functional team, the Community Manager keeps our online community engaged and grows our community base. This individual will effectively utilize knowledge of our game and community to assist the Marketing/PR Department with ideas and designs which will drive player acquisition and retention.
Note: Writing samples and/or links to content produced should be submitted with your resume.
- Assist and oversee community channel pre-and post-launch and help foster and build community-generated content, forum discussions, downloads, and other interactions
- Manage the day-to-day operation of a small team of community professionals
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that community feedback is addressed
- Help develop community assets such as game videos, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates
- Communicate directly with players, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible external presence
- Coordinate with production and web development teams to help plan and develop community and website features (forums, content systems, etc.)
- Promote a user-friendly environment on community forums
- Work in collaboration with the QA and Customer Support teams to ensure a positive player experience
- Help conduct private and public tests to gather community feedback that will help improve final product quality
- Assist with the company's involvement in trade shows, exhibitions, and other events
- Compile and distribute Daily, Weekly, and Monthly community-related metric reports ensuring upwards visibility (as well as helping inform which metrics are valuable)
- Apply performance based community initiatives to drive the organization towards key KPIs
You Need To Be:
- A Leader. With your positive & engaging personality, you motivate and lead community staff to meet our project goals.
- Experienced. You’ve worked in a community or a player-facing role for at least three years, ensuring the communities you serve view you as honest, approachable, and on their side.
- Self-driven. You don’t wait around for problems to be reported before taking action, you never miss deadlines, and you can be trusted to turn in work on time without much oversight.
- Inspiring. Your positive attitude, mentorship and leadership skills motivate our team(s) to tackle new challenges and grow their own abilities as you work alongside them.
- Well-connected. Your robust knowledge of social networking, industry hot spots, and the latest tech, tools and techniques make you a go-to community pro.
- A Gamer. You can speak passionately about your favorite games and why you love them, keep tabs on the newest /r/Games threads, and are deeply connected to the gaming community. You advocate for the player because you are a player.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of community/social media experience in gaming industry or similar entertainment industries required
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems and software
- Strong understanding of popular social networking tools and trends
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level
- Proven history of maintaining and developing an online community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with photo/video/podcasting editing a plus
- Knowledge of Bethesda Softworks and its titles a plus
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.