Community and Social Media Manager - Turtle Rock Studios
Community and Social Media Manager – Turtle Rock Studios
• Create, manage, and execute community and social media plans, working with internal departments, developers, and external agencies to get approvals and most importantly: create great content.
• Consumer forward attitude: ensure our provided information, efforts and actions are consumer-forward.
• Be wired and engaged: Know your audience, where they are, how they interact, and speak their language. Understand and follow the latest software, platforms, and technologies, and be visible and helpful.
• Become a creative force: come up with ideas and run with them, creating and distributing product content across multiple platforms.
• Work with PR and marketing on community and digital media support plans. Have a deep understanding of each product you speak of – play often.
• Work with and manage supporting external vendors who support our community efforts.
Assist the customer service manager and our customer service department in identifying, routing, and escalating customer service issues to the proper personnel and departments.
• Train in and understand our social media analytic tools, contest and polling functionality, livestream technology, and social media software.
• On-screen personality: be confident and prepared to host and co-host livestream events and broadcasts, showcasing and playing the company's product and conducting on and off site interviews inside and outside the gaming industry.
• Take part in trade, developer, and consumer shows with community presence, including onsite support and travel.
• Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, minimum two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Should have an extensive knowledge and play experience of recent and past console, PC, and tablet games, including strategy, RPGs, shooters, and action games (you need to be a gamer).
• Should have an existing presence and experience on major gaming forums, as well as experience in social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest and their supporting 1st and 3rd party applications.
• Must be well versed in online game forum etiquette, and be genuinely interested in assisting, engaging, and working with our valued customers.
• Experience with eSports is a plus, whether as an athlete, manager, or tournament organizer.
About Turtle Rock:
In 2002 a small group of like-minded industry vets got together and formed Turtle Rock Studios.
Turtle Rock worked with Valve on some great content for the Counter-Strike universe, including Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source. The team then went on to create the hit game for the PC and Xbox 360, "Left 4 Dead".
Turtle Rock Studios is working on its latest game and is looking for talented, experienced and motivated people to join them in their brand new offices in Lake Forest, CA.
If you're looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to make a real contribution to the next big AAA game, we want to hear from you.
Turtle Rock Studios team members enjoy excellent compensation and benefits, including a phenomenal profit sharing program, paid health care plan, flexible work schedule, generous paid time off, and a fun, casual work environment.