Community and Social Media Manager – Firaxis Games
This position reports to the Director of Community and Customer Service and is based out of 2K’s headquarters in Novato, CA.
- Community advocate: Engage with the Firaxis Games community, understand their concerns and desires, and relay those to the relevant development teams.
- Games evangelist: Know Firaxis game titles past and present inside-and-out, and be able to evangelize for them in any situation and to any audience. Be a professional fan. A wider knowledge of the strategy genre in general is a must.
- Create, manage, and execute community and social media plans for Firaxis game titles, working with internal departments, developers, and potentially external agencies to create great content. Aim to expand the existing fan base and find new fans for Firaxis Games.
- Be engaged: Know the Firaxis Games community, where they are, how they interact, and speak their language, interacting with them constantly. Understand the latest community software, platforms, and technologies, and be visible and helpful on them.
- Work with PR and marketing on community and digital media support plans.
- Work with and manage supporting external vendors who support our community efforts.
- Identify and assist key influencers from across the Firaxis community, wherever they may be found, working with them to build community initiatives.
- Track and report on major community metrics, being able to read and synthesize broad community sentiment on key topics. Pro-actively inform other departments of potential issues and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Assist the Customer Service department in identifying, routing, and escalating customer service issues to the proper personnel and departments.
- On-screen personality: be confident and prepared to host and co-host livestream events and broadcasts, showcasing and playing relevant games. Conduct on-camera interviews inside and outside the gaming industry.
- Take part in trade, developer, and consumer shows with community presence, including on site support and travel.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of community management experience for a gaming publisher, developer or established brand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have a portfolio of published, professional work, ideally in a variety of mediums (eg social media, long-form, etc). Professional editorial experience a plus.
- Able to adopt appropriate tone and style in different messaging as required – from forums to blogs to tweets.
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media platforms, along with supporting applications. This must include practical experience in creating engaging content that is appropriate to specific platforms.
- Community first attitude; must be genuinely interested in assisting, engaging, and working with community members, while balancing the needs of 2K as a business.
- Extensive knowledge and play experience of recent and past Firaxis game titles. Knowledge and experience with a variety of other console, PC, and tablet game titles is a plus.
- Experience of major gaming forums and social media, ideally with strong existing presence.
- Proficiency with photo and video editing software (eg Photoshop, Premiere) is a plus.
- Consistent with a desk job in a normal office environment.
- Equipment packing/unpacking/setup in consumer and trade show environments.
To Apply - https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GAMES2K&cws=1&rid=841