SUMMARY OF POSITION
Turbine, a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Cloud Solution Architect to work with our operations team to build a best practice, large scale game deployment platform. The Cloud Solution Architect will ensure Turbine’s cloud products maintain the highest level of quality, security, scalability, availability and compliance amidst an environment of rapid change and growth.
We are looking for a person who embraces the DevOps mentality -- Agile development, Systems Administrator, Security Analyst, Development and QA all part of a close-knit group.
The ideal candidate is someone who has implemented and managed a very large scale cloud based production SaaS, gaming, or multi-tenant hosting solutions. We need a trusted hands-on expert to help take our cloud offerings to the next level by effectively designing a platform and process that will elastically scale to 1,000s of servers in response to demand.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.
- Design solutions which enable auto scaling to meet spiky demand and high user SLA requirements.
- Works closely with other individuals and groups in the execution of technology proof of concepts, deployment, best practices, and adoption.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Prepares and communicates reference architectures and architecture patterns for Product integration with Cloud services, including network access, authentication, monitoring, audit, email, connectivity to external customer or third party services, etc.
- Creates and document designs for implementation by infrastructure build engineers; Review deployments to confirm architecture alignment.
- Leverages knowledge to forecast and anticipate demand.
- Researches new technology advancements and conduct evaluations focused on optimizing and improving infrastructure configuration, performance, capacity, availability, and operational reliability.
- Leads transformational infrastructure project implementations driving service transition from architecture into operational delivery.
- Participates as needed in planning major infrastructure upgrades, troubleshooting issues and tuning the environment for optimal performance of Cloud services.
- Deliver weekly reporting of key metrics to product stakeholders.
- Oversee capacity planning and performance management of key systems.
- Work with management teams on budget and cost control initiatives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- 5+ years managing production systems infrastructure either as a systems administrator or operations manager based the cloud or a hybrid environment (AWS preferred).
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries.
- 3+ years’ experience in a continuous deployment environment and automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Packer, GIT, etc.).
- Knowledge of open source technologies (Linux, Mongo, Redis).
- Information security compliance programs such as SOC2 and PCI.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.