Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Cinematic Animator (temporary) - Treyarch
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
We are looking for an Animator to work on our next exciting project. As an Animator, you will interact directly with some of the best artists, designers, and engineers in our industry.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Animation Principles and an acute sense of timing and weight. You must have experience with motion-capture editing techniques. Animators in this role will be assigned to the Cinematics team with the potential to work with the AI team as well.
A successful Animator is expected to demonstrate a passion for developing high quality games and animations. You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work directly with the department Lead and Senior Animators as well as Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game.
• Plan, animate, implement and support complex scenes and sequences using motion capture data and/or keyframing.
• Produce facial animation using motion capture data and/or keyframing.
• Follow group standards and best practices.
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines including art, design, and audio.
• Manage day-to-day development issues; identify problems and drive creative solutions to fix them.
• Motion capture planning and assist in directing Stunt Actors for motion capture
The skills/experience you'll need:
• 2 - 3 Years Animation experience in the game industry with at least one shipped title.
• Experience with Motion Capture.
• Experience with Motion Builder a plus.
• Strong sense of timing and weight
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
• Passion for developing high quality games and animations
• Detail oriented and organized. Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to voice an idea and opinions in a constructive and collaborative manner. .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested