2K is looking for a talented Character TD/Character Rigger to come join one of 2K’s development teams on an upcoming unreleased title. The right candidate will work alongside artists and designers to literally shape the face of our game. Strong scripting and motion capture experience is preferred.
- Create high resolution facial rigs that utilize joint and blendshape/morph target nodes.
- Work with modelers to create correct facial morph targets and deformations
- Responsible for facial scanning pipeline and best practices
- Debug and refine our facial motion capture pipeline
- Develop and refine runtime mesh and texture blending techniques
- Collaborate with concept artists and character modelers
- Shipped title as a character TD or character rigger
- Deep understanding of human facial anatomy, structure and deformations
- Experience creating facial rigs in Max and Maya
- Strong ability with Maxscript/Mel/Python
- Strong animation foundation
- Create facial rigs that are extremely flexible, consistent and easy-to-use
- Ability to collaborate with peer-level character modelers and designers
- Ability to take direction well
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems
- Able to communicate animation concepts with other artists visually using quick thumbnail sketches or acting
- Mastery of 3D Studio Max and Maya
- Experience with Havok
- Experience with facial motion capture solving software.
- Experience with motion capture data
- 3+ years game industry experience