Character Concept Artist
Robotoki is looking for a Character Concept Artist with a creative vision to help realize the inhabitants of our Open World Game. The ideal candidate is a meticulous explorer of ideas, ready to interpret a vision and take it in many possible directions.
· Create high quality concept art, conceptual illustrations and sketches to communicate visual direction.
· Consistently deliver work of the highest caliber that can inspire the team and carry a vision.
· Infuse designs with compelling backstories and depth enhancing details.
· Take direction, give direction, iterate on look and feel, gather feedback from the entire team, and participate in the review of the full production of the concepts.
· Work closely with art director, design and art teams to detail the goals and purpose of the characters.
· Quickly sketch and explore many different approaches to an idea.
· Coordinate with all departments to determine asset requirements, and scheduling needs.
· Minimum 3+ years experience in game or film industry as character concept artist.
· Proven ability to deliver creative variations on a theme.
· Expert drawing and conceptualization skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to established styles.
· Experience working in a small, collaborative environment, taking direction and critique, and participating in pitching new ideas.
· Exceptional understanding of the human form and anatomy.
· Ability to communicate ideas quickly through iterative media like sketches and whiteboard diagrams, and take them to final concepts.
· Expert time management, verbal and written communication skills.
· Digital illustration skills with an advanced understanding of Photoshop.
· Knowledge of effective use of line, light, shadow, and color theory.
· Attention to detail, and strong ability to analyze and comprehend direction.
· Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, with an openness to critique.
· 3D software knowledge (Maya/Max/ZBrush/SketchUp) is a plus.
· Ability and desire to participate in concept work beyond characters (environments, props, etc) a huge plus.
· Experience with matte paintings or skydomes, graphic design, and UI is a bonus.