Vicarious Visions is looking for talented and creative character artists to join our studio in creating the next generation of award-winning games for current and next gen platforms.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional artistic and technical production skills through the development of high resolution character sculpts that aid in the development of advanced texture and material applications for use with in-game characters. The Character Artist will collaborate directly with concept and animation artists to ensure the quality of the content capitalizes on new industry trends and techniques and delivers characters that are both distinctive and memorable.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Work closely with the Art Director and team leads to sculpt characters which enhance narrative arcs and complement the global aesthetic of the game.
· Meet established quality standards by creating visually stunning character models which are balanced against runtime performance.
· Construct meshes which effectively develop and communicate the persona of the character and develop a foundation for animation.
· Ability to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to help shape our pipelines.
· Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
· Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
· 3+ years of character modeling experience for Game, Film or TV/Commercial production.
· Bachelor's degree or diploma with an emphasis on Art.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively and succeed in a diverse work environment.
· Self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication.
· Must possess a keen understanding of form and a critical eye for proportions and silhouettes and an understanding of fabric, drape and texture.
· Knowledge of technical sculpture techniques and terminology.
· Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software.
· Technical problem solving is a must.
You’ll really get our attention:
· Applicable video game experience.
· Passion for making games and storytelling.
· Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, ZBrush, Topogun, etc….