Foster City, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Character Artist, Temporary - Sledgehammer Games
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
Works as a key member of the Character art team to create high quality and detailed character designs. These assets are based on game requirements, technical capabilities of the gaming platform and product scope. Individual understands anatomy and proportions as it translates to 3D modeling, skeletal rigging, and mesh deformation. Takes initiative to learn and adapt to new team practices based on evolving technologies. Can work and thrive in a multidiscipline work atmosphere, alongside an Art Director and Lead Character Artist while under time constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop look and feel of assets.
• Create awesome characters that are efficient, built to scale and satisfy budgetary requirements.
• Manage a number of assets and prioritize tasks.
• Maintain and share extensive knowledge pertaining to gear, garments and equipment.
• Work with Technical Art Director to understand budgetary requirements and ensure that the environment created fulfills these requirements.
• Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
• Provide feedback to improve the tools.
• Follow schedules and meet deadlines.
• Understand mesh topology and edge loops as it translates to efficient modeling practices for in-game characters, and is experienced building detailed characters.
• Ability to create efficient UV layout for texture map both hard surface and organic models.
• Good understanding of UV coordinate space, texturing, and memory budgets.
• Thorough working knowledge of Maya.
• Promote a positive work environment through high personal and performance standards.
Art degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Special Knowledge, Skills: (Tools and Technology, Technical Skills):
• Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
o 1-3 Years of directly related experience in gaming.
o Performed similar role on at least 1 published game title (preferred)
• High level of proficiency using Maya to create detailed characters to scale and accuracy.
• Proven ability to create detailed Zbrush or Mudbox models.
• Candidate must have experience using Adobe Photoshop to create hyper realistic textures for next gen materials.
• Experienced in 3D character concepts and development process.
• Candidate must be proactive and work well in a large team environment and have excellent communication skills.
• Candidate must have experience creating efficient and clean models with proper UV layout inside Autodesk Maya
• Radiant experience a plus.
• Properly estimate time to complete work, manages competing priorities and builds in buffers.
• Verify art asset performance and appearance in the game engine.
Other Beneficial skills:
• Ability to build collaborative relationships and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
• Has a developed understanding of gear, equipment and uniforms.
• Has a high level of attention to detail and professional pride in doing things correctly.
• Is a self-starter and that is focused on supporting the team.
Online art portfolio (Required) - This can be work related or personal projects outside of work related activities.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careersah .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested