The primary responsibility of the Game Technology Engineer at Goldmark Studios is to architect, design, refactor, implement and maintain a variety of low-level systems in our game engine Psycore®. The tech engineer will be comfortable working on systems that affect the entire codebase including all our higher level systems, our tools, games and server technologies.
Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, be able to function with little oversight, and have organizational and planning skills to meet strict deadlines. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual who is a team player. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for game technology, and enjoys working in a small and dynamic team. This position reports to our engineering lead.
• Architect, refactor and maintain low-level engine systems
• Design, write, and debug core systems, tools and infrastructure as needed
• Contribute extensively to the core engine
• 3-5+ years programming experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, algorithms, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
• Prior experience with game engine internals and low level systems a plus
Goldmark Studios, based in Vancouver, Canada, was founded in 2009 with a singular focus on mobile, just in time to participate in the mobile revolution. Our team has decades of experience in PC, console and mobile games. We have a track record ofsuccessful mobile games like Moto X Mayhem, Sled Mayhem and Bike Mayhem and are eager to continue the trend with a true passion for our work.
If you are driven and passionate to do your best, and desire to work in a small team on the best new mobile games and technologies, please apply to email@example.com.