BI/Business Analysis | San Francisco, CA, United States
We are looking for a results-oriented data scientist to dive deep in our 'social data ocean', identify high-impact business problems and opportunities, develop viable solutions through data analysis and modeling. GREE's business runs on data so we take it very seriously. The data scientist will work closely with teams across the company including Engineering, Product, Monetization, and Marketing. You will have substantial influence on GREE’s business and strategy through direct communication with executives as well as a seat at the decision making table.
- Work with large-scale, rich, complex in-game and marketing data sources to help us better understand our players
- Develop life time value models using statistical and machine learning techniques; help put your prototypes into production
- Work with live player data to develop predictive models that help us make the games more fun
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Support and influence various teams as the expert of user/developer insights
- BA degree in a quantitative discipline (applied math, statistics, computer science, or related field) from a leading academic institution. Advanced degrees (MS, PhD) preferred.
- Advanced statistical modeling, data-mining, and machine-learning skills using software packages like R, Matlab, Stata, or SAS. Tableau, Vertica, and SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience in applying machine learning to big data problems and building real-time production systems
- Proficiency in modern OO programming languages like Java, C#, C/C++, Python is a big plus
- Strong interest in social gaming data and domain knowledge of the mobile gaming landscape is preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT PERKS:
- Convenient to public transportation, across from AT&T Ballpark (SOMA)
- Subsided commuter/parking support
- Macbook Pros, 27'' Monitors
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage with top providers
- Snacked-filled kitchen
- Free catered lunches and dinners
- Smartphone or Tablet reimbursement program
- Free Japanese language lessons
- Discounted gym memberships