Build / Release Engineer –
Red Storm is looking for a Build & Release Engineer to assist the development teams in promoting the efficient management of electronic assets and to ensure their integrity for our games in development.
- Provide and maintain a robust and reliable automated build and continuous integration process for the management of digital assets
- Manage the build release process and secure data for staged milestone access
- Monitor build systems and server farm; maintaining 24/7 support while providing resolution of issues
- Assist team members in build deployment - receiving and running builds and troubleshooting issues to improve efficiency
- Design and develop tools that increase the efficiency and productivity of the development teams
- Create, maintain and follow up on file storage rules
- Manage software configuration tools
- Create and maintain script files to automate process and daily routines
- Manage file storage, and transfer and create file archives for reuse by other projects
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process. Develop, maintain, and improve tools as needed.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Build/Release topics and recommend best practices
- Support parallel development environments in support of multi-project / multi-discipline development
- Perform regular cooperative work with on-site/multisite/offsite partners, including implementation of shared systems
- Experience with automated build systems, automated deployment systems, or automated testing systems. Experience with several different systems preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a technical capacity within a software development atmosphere; preferably as a Build/Release and Tools Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with source control software – Perforce preferred. Administration, advanced knowledge of functionality and setup and configuration from scratch preferred.
- 3+ years C# development & debugging experience
- XML experience preferred
- Eye for automation; ability to see opportunities for turning manual tasks into automated ones
- Experience with scripting languages such as batch, Python, & PowerShell
- Skill to write and maintain batch files and PowerShell scripts to automate process
- File management experience including the ability to work with and maintain large volumes of files, convert file types, and arrange file storage to maximize efficiency of file usage
- Desktop & server setup/config experience preferred
- Talent to analyze problems and quickly deploy effective solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with willingness to interface with and assist multi-discipline development teams
- Multi-site &/or off-site development experience
- Must be agile with capacity to move quickly between tasks and roles to handle team and project needs
- Task prioritization and job estimation skills
- Sincere desire to help people and improve process
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself.
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on.
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows.
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away.
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play.
- Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay.