Buffalo Studios is seeking an awesome Big Data DBA to work in our world-class team. This role will contribute to the creation of an environment and culture which will help us develop the next generation of social games in our Santa Monica, CA offices.
- Database Administration of MySQL based OLTP Data Bases
- Database Administration of Vertica based Enterprise Data Warehouse
- DB server upgrades, patching, monitoring, performance tuning and preventative maintenance
- Vertica/Hadoop/Mysql Performance Tuning + Capacity Planning
- Design and implementation of Vertica, MySql and Hadoop Database backup and DR policy
- Lead effort to establish standards of all database designs, performance/tuning, capacity planning, and production deployments
- Set standards for testing and measuring performance of all SQL deployed to Production systems
- Maintain all Hadoop (MapR, Cloudera) based system which includes: infrastructure setup, software installation, server configuration, upgrading/patching, monitoring and maintenance
- Assist development team in installation of components (Hive, Pig, etc.) and manage Map-Reduce jobs
- Support development team with schema design and query optimization
- Work with Live Operations team to ensure scalable and stable production data systems
- 4+ years of DBA experience with MySQL – including heavy MySQL sharding
- 4+ years of MySQL query optimization and DB Performance Tuning
- 4+ year of experience with Linux operating systems and scripting in Bash, Python etc.
- 1+ years of MPP (Massively Parallel Processing systems such as Greenplum, Netezza, Teradata or Vertica)
- 1+ years of DBA experience with Hadoop (MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks)
- Experience with Data Warehousing systems a big plus, preferable with Vertica
- Experience with Big Data systems on Hadoop also a big plus
- CS Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
Buffalo Studios is an equal opportunity employer