BattleCry, the newest ZeniMax studio in Austin, Texas, is seeking a qualified BI Lead Architect. This is a hands-on, technical position that will have lead a small team in designed and creating a BI solution for our F2P online game.
As our BI Lead, you’ll be responsible for designing and building the ETL, Warehouse, and reporting solutions to support online game BI. This includes support for game design, monetization, game performance and targeted marketing. Our ideal BI Lead Architect has a mix of engineering, data analyst/statistics, and DBA/warehouse skills, but will be able to function primarily in this role as an engineer.
- Create quick or temporary solutions for reporting game design & performance metrics for use internally by the development team
- Architect final BI solution to serve free to play micro-transaction based games
- Work with game team to answer game design funnel questions during development
- Work with game team to answer game event correlation related questions
- Identify game trends to maximize monetization
- Identify weak areas of the game in need of improvement
- Keep tabs on high monetization customers
- Support analytics driven marketing
- Provide game churn and financial reporting
- Provide trending to game team and game resource performance
- Provide game user population trending
- Evaluate and mentor team members
Our BI Lead Architect should be able to prototype all the technology involved for our final solution and build a quick and/or temp solution independently.
- Engineering background and ability to program a classical programming language (e.g. Java, Python, C, C++, etc.)
- Strong understanding of enterprise level scaling
- 5+ years traditional RDBMS based warehousing
- 2+ years on next generation big-data/column store solutions (ideally Vertica or InfiniDB and Hadoop)
- Previous lead experience
- Expertise in Commercial BI reporting solutions
- Knowledge of Linux environments, source code control systems, and release management
- BS Degree in Computer Science or (equivalent)
- Previous experience prototyping with various technologies
- Experience with application container frameworks and webservers
- Knowledge of browser-based technologies
- Vertica or Hadoop experience a plus.