An exciting new mobile game startup (currently in stealth mode) is looking for a highly talented backend engineer to work out of our brand new Mountain View office--located in the cool Castro Street district. The successful candidate will be working on an exciting narrative-themed next gen learning product--with the goal to revolutionize the gamification of education. We are looking for an experienced, talented backend engineer to lead our scaleable initiative across multiple platforms.
Key Responsibilities -
- You are passionate about the future of mobile, games-based learning
- You are passionate about understanding the latest advancements in cloud technologies like noSQL, Cassandra, Hadoop
- You want to design and develop highly scalable multi-tiered systems; including a content database, leveling up, eCommerce, and a points and rewards system
- You can provide feedback on product requirements and design
- You are excited about developing prototypes to demonstrate and evaluate new ideas
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, energetic games studio--working with artists, designers, frontend engineers, and curriculum experts
- You demonstrate over time your ability to implement creative and simple solutions to complex problems
- You can drive technical discussions by proposing and investigating strategic options and alternatives
Key Qualifications (a selection of the following) -
- Experience designing, developing and scaling complex multi-tier systems
- Expertise in OOD and Java/J2EE
- Experience in MVC design pattern and framework such as Spring MVC framework, Struts required
- Knowledge of design patterns desirable
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with SQL and noSQL
- Familiarity with Perl or other scripting language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to collaborate effectively on a dynamic learning game production team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills--including the ability to develop strategic plans for solving problems
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Experience maintaining and optimizing a live software product/service
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Strongly desired -
- Passion for video games and game culture (i.e. you "game"!!); animation (Pixar, Disney); learning media (PBS, History); and building the future of education
WHY JOIN SOAR, INC?
- Be a key part of building a narrative-themed, next gen learning product (pioneering gamification in education).
- Be able to bring your own ideas into projects
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of an ambitious mobile game startup located in a cool office on Castro Street in the heart of Mountain View--and work with a kickass, collaborative team!