Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an accomplished Audio Director for our Santa Monica office, who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development for Star Citizen. The ideal candidate will have expertise in audio design and production, with proficiency in sound design, music composition, and voice production and implementation. Additionally, they should be skilled at managing, developing, and mentoring audio staff.
This candidate should have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world-class audio experience.
- Oversee the design and implementation of all audio for the project.
- Supervise and maintain the highest level of quality for all audio assets.
- Design and produce sound effects.
- Compose and produce music.
- Produce VO sessions.
- Oversee outsource audio services for sound, Foley, music, VO, Cinematics, etc.
- Oversee implementation of audio assets and assist in developing integration tools.
- Act as an expert in proprietary pipelines and integration processes.
- Manage internal audio teams, external audio vendors, and setup production contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Explain and demonstrate technical details and express clear aesthetic qualities and requirements.
- Innovate and adapt to drive new Audio features. Develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department.
- Work with the team to define an effective audio style and execution across the project.
- Define and advocate for the audio technology that will create the best experience for players.
- Proactively identify and define ways to improve the audio experience across a growing spectrum of features.
- Work with the audio team and across disciplines to clearly define and articulate goals.
- Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members.
- Minimum of 6 years working on audio for multiple AAA titles.
- 3+ years working as a leader in the field of audio.
- Experience as a lead or director with proven leadership and mentoring skills.
- Expertise and understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, and audio system technology.
- Knowledge of game engine technology and audio middleware solutions.
- Skilled in effective communication across all disciplines and departments.
- A passion and deep understanding of the impact and role that audio plays in the overall player experience.
- Experience developing audio in the film industry.
- Expertise with the CryEngine.
- A love and passion for space simulations.
- Adept at interacting with and responding to the feedback of a large and passionate community of players.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with “Audio Director” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.