Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to join our crusade in developing Blizzard’s next greatest hit. As a gameplay engineer at Blizzard Entertainment you are the bridge that connects technology, game design, art, and our engine. You will be working in a variety of different areas, including combat, multiplayer, and user interface. You will have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games of multiple genres and platforms. You should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and code.
- Build new gameplay systems, as well as maintain existing systems.
- Bridge technology, game design, art, and our engine.
- Bring great ideas from inception to fruition.
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Strong C++ programming skills
- A computer science related degree or equivalent experience
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Excellent communication skills
- Have worked on a shipped game, or worked on creating games in spare time