Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Associate Art Director - Treyarch
Reporting to the Art Director, The Associate Art Director has a pivotal role in defining art direction and is primarily responsible for large sections of the game. Given high level direction, this position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of supporting art materials and will work closely with all of the departments in order to follow the direction through.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
What you’ll be doing:
• Facilitation of the execution of the project's high level art and creative direction.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of supportive Art materials; including concept art for the teams and see through that the vision is executed.
• Contribution and facilitation in expanding core ideas, concepts and style guides.
• Attend meetings, make decisions and give art direction supporting the high level project art and creative direction, report issues and art conflicts that would conflict with our goals visuals, performance, or scheduling.
• Contribute feedback on a regular basis for those sections of the game one is responsible for.
• Collaborate with and maintain good communication with other departments.
• Collaborate with individual artists and leads to execute tasks and deliver feedback while allowing those leads to manage individual artists.
• Stay up to speed on project documentation and pipelines and understand how all other departments feed into the workflow. Create documentation or propose pipeline changes as needed.
• Play the game
The skills/experience you’ll need:
• Worked on at least 3 titles in a lead or management role, with 1 preferably being a AAA title that has shipped.
• Possesses a strong visual eye weighted towards photorealism.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills are a must. This role requires someone who interacts with the team constantly and can work effectively with multiple personality types.
• Strong listening and verbal skills are a must and imperative to collaborate and have healthy debates to arrive at the best solution.
• Must be able to take direction from key stakeholders and other departments in order to execute tasks.
• Ability to collaborate with peer AAD to achieve the best possible solution.
• Must be able to give direction to multiple departments and levels of management.
• Understands that feedback to be effective must be achievable in the constraints of time, manpower, and the engine limitations.
• Ability to maintain a high visual target under strict deadlines.
• As a self-starter, must be motivated and willing to work without a lot of handholding. This role is not for someone who likes all their tasks to be generated for them.
• Must have the ability to deconstruct a scene or image into all its discipline components in order to communicate to the team how to improve it.
• Ability to give feedback across a wide range of art disciplines to communicate goals and re-enforce visual targets.
• Personally able to generate concept art and other supportive materials at a high quality as needed for the team.
• Understands the importance of the big picture as well as deadlines. Has the ability to modify one's priorities and direction to others, as well as making compromises to achieve them.
• Not afraid to ask for help or get feedback from others and when blocked gets immediate assistance.
• Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demands it.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
• Next gen experience .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested