Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced quality assurance professional with demonstrated organizational, leadership, and supervisory abilities to manage a quality assurance (QA) team.
The QA assistant manager assists the manager in the strategic operation of Blizzard QA department and ensures that the team is prepared to meet the testing demands created by our application, web, and internal tools development teams.
- Work with Blizzard executive, development, international, and QA teams.
- Work with department leaders to ensure QA teams have staffing, training, structure, and processes to meet product testing demands.
- Keep current with product risks, releases, and business goals while strategically managing project risks for the test team.
- Mentor QA personnel to facilitate their growth within the department and company– provide coaching, actionable feedback, development plan guidance, and disciplinary action as necessary.
- Interview, hire, and train world-class QA personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures for more effective and efficient testing of company products.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Complete all tasks and duties as assigned, on time and with high quality.
- A minimum of 3 years’ with lead, supervisory, or managerial experience in a software QA environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ in the game industry or software industry
- Above-average knowledge of test management software packages
- Able to guide the QA staff through a full product life cycle
- Able to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A finely-honed attention to detail while keeping in mind the larger picture of business needs
- Absolute passion for games
- ISTQB Certification (CTFL or CTAL)
- Prior experience as a software engineer or product owner
- Experience managing test engineer or software engineering professionals
- Proven capability to develop and grow entry level management staff
- Prior experience working with external and regional compliancy standards