Tango is looking for an exceptionally skilled 2D character artist to join our Austin team. The ideal candidate has experience concepting and creating a diverse visual range of characters and creatures. A solid grasp of form and color is essential. The character artist must be skilled in animation and be well-versed in tools such as Unity, Toon Boom, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate also works well in an environment with peers who are passionate about making great games.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in game development creating and texturing characters using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Toon Boom.
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards 2D form and shape.
- Critical eye for shade, color and detail.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing.
- Have shipped AAA PC, console or smartphone titles.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and illustration
- A passion for developing high-quality mobile games.
Submission / Portfolio requirements:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
Tango is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.