Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a skilled Art Outsourcing Manager to work with external developers to create high quality assets for our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen.
- Coordinate the production of art assets through 3rd party vendors, including concept, environment, character, vehicle, and animation assets.
- Work with the art leads, designers, and production to develop and maintain the outsourcing production schedule.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors.
- Ensure clean and consistent documentation of art production pipeline.
- Establish tests for vetting new outsourcing contracts, plus review and rate incoming test assets.
- Create reasonable budgets and costs for outsourced art.
- Manage the archiving of delivered assets within the studio storage system.
- Monitor contractor submissions to ensure that quality is both consistent and high, and adheres to technical specifications.
- Act as the primary contact for communication and coordination with external vendors.
- Motivate and drive outsourcing partners, ensuring that schedules are adhered to and that established deliverables are made.
- Develop processes for review, feedback, and approval of delivered assets.
- 7+ years of professional industry experience, including 3+ years of experience managing art pipelines.
- Previous experience as an outsourcing manager or similar production role.
- Demonstrable competence in problem solving, with an ability to overcome any resistance, setbacks, and obstacles that may arise.
- Proficient with developing schedules and setting milestones and associated deliverables.
- Proficient with project management software.
- Goal oriented and driven, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Understand the game industry and the art-creation process.
- Love of science fiction and space-based simulations.
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Maya, Photoshop, and other industry standard software used for developing art assets.
- Experience developing MMOs or large scale persistent multiplayer games.
- Advanced knowledge and mastery of Jira.
- Passion for developing and playing video games.
Please send your resume or CV in PDF, HTML, text, or Word format to email@example.com with “Art Outsourcing Manager” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.