The ideal candidate will be proficient in all aspects of art supervision and management in the video game industry. The candidate must be a dedicated, focused, and a self-motivated team player. The idea candidate will be accomplished in art team recruitment, development and appraisals. The candidate must have significant experience bidding, scheduling and milestone accountability in a wide variety of art disciplines such as: visual development/concept art, 3d character, 3d environments, lighting/shaders, visual effects, and cinematics.
- Assist with hire, interview candidates and mentor artists of multiple disciplines. Attract, develop, and retain top-talent within the industry to insure that the Studio maintains the highest possible standards for art in its games
- Support the creative vision of the Client and, in turn, the internal Art or Creative Director, to insure that the efforts of the artists are technically and artistically consistent with that vision.
- Represent multiple art disciplines in department strategic planning, scheduling, and budgeting. Provide guidance to Art Director to insure that the needs of art disciplines are being met
- Maintain a visible presence in the computer graphics and game industries, representing Worldwide Studios interests with a high degree of professionalism.
- Work closely with the external clients, internal artists and outsourcing partners to keep quality and style consistent while staying on schedule and in budget
- Lead and mentor both internal art/character teams and outsourcing partners to reach aesthetic and technical goals
- Create documentation, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners
- Constantly and proactively seek to improve the production processes, tools and pipelines for multiple art disciplines
- Monitor the needs and requirements of the clients to ensure delivery of exceptionally concise and clean assets
- Must have the necessary experience, skills and knowledge to manage a team of artists from three or more core disciplines: visual development/concept art, 3d character, 3d environments, lighting/shaders, visual effects, or cinematics. Knowledge of the terminology and processes associated with these departments is a must
- Excellent understanding of how art discipline functions within a game studio art pipeline and how to organize and supervise artists to accomplish their assignments
- Possess strong artistic and technical knowledge and experience in 3D computer graphics production
- Extremely organized in the areas of 3D art asset development workflow, and in the advent of future developments, must possess the knowledge of how best to implement those changes. Must have a basic understanding of production and be able to schedule, communicate and monitor tasks.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in game or film production and lead/supervised a medium to large sized team (15+ people)
- At least 1 shipped 3D game as a Lead, Supervisor or Manager
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Have strong understanding of artistic principals, techniques and practices.
- Strong understanding of 3D in-game art development process, limitations and dependencies
- Scheduling, Budgeting and Outsourcing experience
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills
- An advanced user of Maya and Photoshop
- An intermediate to advanced user of Z-Brush and/or Mudbox