Vicarious Visions is looking for a talented and creative Art Director to join our studio and lead our teams in creating the next generation of award-winning games for console and mobile markets. The Art Director, working with the project’s creative director, production management, and technical and artistic leadership, will shape workflows, promote standards, and establish a cohesive vision. As an excellent communicator and artistic visionary, the Art Director elevates standards and ensures artistic vision by exhibiting passion for the craft, driving consistency in content, and pushing quality within our processes and our products.
- Lead in the collaborative development of conceptual artwork, sketches, storyboards and product pitches which define and convey your artistic vision;
- Regularly meet with art and technical leads to define art quality standards, identify tech and tool needs and maintain process documentation;
- Regularly meet with key development staff to define art quality standards, identify tech and tool needs, foster documentation, and maintain clear lines of communication throughout the development team;
- Work with the Creative Director/Visual Development Director (VDD) to ensure that art priorities are effectively defined and that the pipelines and processes meet the products goals in a timely fashion;
- Provide mentorship to art staff and facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines;
- Collaborate in defining department staffing needs, define hiring requirements and evaluation process, and support future recruitment efforts for environment art staff;
- Contribute innovative ideas and original assets for all aspects of game prototyping, production and development.
- Minimum 7 years Senior industry experience and 2-3 console titles shipped, 2 of which is in the PS3/Xbox 360 generation;
- Experience leading a team with strength in collaborating with Senior and Executive level leadership teams;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines;
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve specific visual targets;
- Must have strong communication skills, a positive and professional attitude and a passion to collaborate;
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years art production experience. Masters in Fine.