Piranha Games has an exciting opportunity for an Art Director to be part of our dynamic team. You are the driving force for maintaining a consistently high visual quality and fidelity benchmark. On top of this, you will bring exceptional levels of art vision and style in guiding and mentoring the talents of the Art team.
What you will be doing:
- Create visual targets and maintain the look and feel of all content within the game
- Work closely with the Creative Director on maintaining the visual integrity throughout the entire project and ensure consistency and highest quality
- Proactively ensure the style supports the target demographic and consumer expectations
- Create storyboard, direct and compose cinematic, as well as create various media related art
- Build confidence both within the team and with partners through effective and inspiring communication
- Collaborate with Producer and Project Manager to maintain scheduling, and discuss project concerns
- Drive collaboration within the Art team, across feature groups and cross-discipline on a regular basis
- Mentor and grow lead artists
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and participate in interviews for potential new hires
What you will bring with you:
- 7+ years of experience in a similar capacity, with at least 3 AAA credited title for PC/Console
- Advanced understanding of character, prop, world, and animation creation, and can demonstrate/direct how these visuals serve the gameplay, narrative, and design of the project
- A good understanding and/or knowledge of game development software and techniques (ex. Photoshop, 3dsMax, Mudbox, etc.)
- An eye for craftsmanship and an ability to get the best work out of other artists
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor direct reports on the team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
What we consider as pluses!
- Experience art directing First Person Shooter (FPS) multiplayer games, ideally with Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games
- Experience with CryEngine
- Experience working within Agile Game Development methodologies
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we invite you to submit your resume through our Online Application System - http://piranhagames.com/#CAREERS. For more information about Piranha Games, please visit our website at www.piranhagames.com.
We thank you for your interests in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.