Robotoki is on the lookout for a seasoned game Art Director to help define and maintain the vision of our Open World Game and future original IPs. The ideal candidate has expert level, hands on knowledge of color, mood, composition, lighting, modeling and texturing principles. The Art Director must possess strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to elevate the team to produce the highest quality work.
· Establish quality and style expectations, and maintain that standard.
· Promote and reinforce a healthy culture within the art department.
· Mentor and instruct artists of all levels.
· Drive quality through R & D and execution.
· Apply strategy, facilitate brainstorming, execute day-to-day shepherding of project to completion.
· Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process.
· Oversee the work of the artists to ensure it meets Robotoki standard of high quality art.
· 10+ years experience in game development in art related disciplines.
· 5+ years in leadership position with demonstrated team and project management.
· Proven ability to act as a role model and inspire your team.
· Demonstrated experience managing multiple initiatives and priorities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required and / or equivalent experience.
· Ability to provide clear constructive feedback to artists on their work.
· Passion for video games, virtual worlds, and interactive storytelling.
· Expert level time management and communication skills.
· Solid understanding/philosophy of game development and the realities of production from a tech, and design standpoint.
· Able to drive collaboration effectively with others in same discipline, and cross-discipline.
· Never-ending interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
· Experience creating and optimizing art pipelines and workflows for games a plus.
· Ability to work in a small, highly collaborative environment which holds everyone responsible for participation and feedback.