Mobile games dominator Gameloft, worldwide publisher of mobile and social games, is looking for
a talented Art Director to start a new Studio in Seattle!
Our new Seattle development studio is looking for the right Art Director to create top quality assets and mentor other artists for exciting new and live mobile game titles! The right candidate will have a notable background in social and mobile games and a variety of genres. This is a wonderful opportunity for a current Lead or Senior artist with management experience.
Under the responsibility of the US Art Director and Seattle Studio Manager, our Art Director will:
- Lead, mentor, supervise and inspire the art team to create top games
- Assist with art direction of the games in all stages
- Create characters and backgrounds
- Establish style and vision of the games including character, environment, logo, and user interface design
- Ensure top quality throughout the entire production process
- Maintain effective communication with supervisors, team artists and other departments within the company to manage expectations and results
- Ensure all project targets are met or exceeded
- Implement proper training programs and career path initiatives for Jr. Artists to achieve high quality and productivity standards.
- Interview and recruit future art team members and report detailed hiring needs to recruiting
- Experienced in managing game development teams onsite
- 5+ years of professional game art experience and advanced skills in 2d, UI and concept art for games OR hard surface and organic modeling, texturing, hair/cloth dynamics, post-production for games
- Strong knowledge of game engines
- Professional experience and intermediate achievment in digital sculpting and rendering
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior and midlevel artists
- Thorough and organized, able to work with ambitious planning to see a project through to its end
- This position entails a great deal of responsibility and requires both technical and managerial expertise
- Knowledge of the technical pipeline and all the process needed to make a fantastic game
- Professional knowledge of the mobile games market and their demographics a big plus
- Positive attitude and skilled leadership ability
- Passion for video games!
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete an art assessment.
Gameloft is where you want to be.
Join our growing and beautiful Pacific Northwest studio, ideally situated in Seattle, the epicenter of gaming! This opportunity offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package including relocation assistance
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
- Stability - check out our Annual Reports
- The opportunity to establish the studio culture you feel best meets the needs of the employees and the company at large
- International environment including daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- Opportunity to create diverse licensed and original IP games with exceptionally broad distribution
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 6,000 developers. Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
Previous hit Gameloft games include: Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD