The Art Director will be a driving force for developing the art of Star Citizen. This role requires a dedicated and dynamic individual who can excel both as an artist and as a company leader. As a leader, they will serve as a motivational catalyst for the entire art team. As an artist, they will provide both inspiration and direction to execute on the look and feel of an entire universe.
• Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
• Provide visual solutions to problems while working in collaboration with other members of the game team, including artists, designers, and engineers.
• Partner with principle staff to own and define assigned aspects of the project as directed.
• Excellent ability to provide art direction to multiple disciplines.
• Work directly with production to ensure that schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
• Partner with art leads to ensure that the team is unified and working towards a common vision and established goals.
• Collaborate with game designers to ensure that art appropriately enhances the player experience.
• Ability to develop new approaches to art that push the visual fidelity of the Star Citizen universe.
• Mentor and manage members of the art team, helping them to refine their skills and grow along their career paths.
• Review and approve assets to ensure that quality standards are met and visual consistency is maintained.
• Provide clear and constructive feedback to artists on their work.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience creating unparalleled artwork for games and film.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director.
• A genuine passion for space simulations and science fiction.
• Proven track record of taking the initiative to solve complex problems with excellent follow through.
• Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with studios at remote locations.
• Expertise in creating a unique and cohesive art style that can be shared and consistently maintained across the project.
• Experience with both 2D and 3D art pipelines.
• Ability to create and optimize art pipelines and workflows, particularly in conjunction with technical artists.
• Clear communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Multiple shipped AAA titles.
• Expertise with the CryEngine.
• Experience developing high fidelity CG artwork for the film industry.
• Experience directing cinematics, mocap and CG artwork for commercials.
• Strong knowledge in UI and UX.
• Avid and passionate gamer.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Art Director” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.