Mobile games dominator Gameloft, worldwide publisher of mobile and social games, is looking for an inspiring Art Director!
Our Art Director will create top quality 2d and 3d assets and manage other artists for exciting upcoming mobile game titles. Current hit Gameloft games include:
Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity! New Orleans offers a rich culture of superb architecture, food, art, and music that is a part of its very fabric, and is one of the most culturally and historically rich cities in America. We are the festival capital of the world and have an endless list of both nightlife and family activities.
In a recent survey of American cities reviewing economic health, quality of life, and demographic factors, New Orleans ranked #2 in the entire US while Travel + Leisure named it #1 of America's Best Cities. New Orleans features an exceptionally strong economic trajectory powered by a digital media, technology and entertainment renaissance.
This opportunity also offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Stability - check out our Annual Reports
- Flexible core hours (8-5, 9-6 or 10-7)
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere - we love to play Magic, board games, video games, extreme frisbee and foosball!
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- Exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
- Work visa application and relocation assistance provided - all overseas applicants are welcome to apply
An unparalleled opportunity to evolve and grow your career with a vibrant young studio among the stability of a large, self-published company.
Beyond the ability to meet production deadlines and business goals, this position requires an eye for quality and fun, as the Art Director is accountable for work that will be seen and experienced by millions of players every day. The Art Director must maintain quality and refine the vision of existing IPs without breaking style, as well as establish the overall visual look of new IPs as needed. Under the responsibility of the global leadership, our Art Director will:
- Lead, mentor, supervise and inspire the art team and lead artists to create top games
- Establish style and vision of the games including character, environment, logo, and user interface design
- Assist with art direction of the games in pre-production stages
- Create characters and backgrounds
- Ensure top quality and strive for improvement of the entire development and production process
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, team artists, and collaborating departments to build positive, productive relationships that manage expectations and results
- Ensure all project targets are met or exceeded
- Proactively assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of team members
- Submit and administrate performance reviews in a timely manner
4-6 years Art Director and/or Lead Artist experience leading medium to large professional game development teams
Master at Photoshop and 3DSMax or Maya
- Skilled creating readable, quality art for smaller displays and mobile platforms
Skilled in and passionate about a variety of styles from casual and stylized to realistic
Proven, strong skills in fonts, graphic design principles, UI/UX design for creating clean, fresh and readable art assets
Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished product
Not afraid to making a lot of tries and iterations
Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging
Strong foundation in traditional arts
Track record in delivering excellent work while managing dynamic, competing priorities
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to deliver quality projects under strict deadlines
Good level of written and spoken English
The position requires a proficient level on both a creative point of view and on a technical one
Able to lead and train, not just manage, other artists
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete an art direction assessment.
Since 2000, Gameloft® has proven a top innovator. We craft kick-ass games for all digital platforms and are tested Masters of the Mobile Space. Our freemium and premium games from casual to hardcore are localized in 12 languages and more than 100 countries. Your ballin guru skills will be seen by potentially millions of gamers. Meditate on that. We partner with more legendary brands than we can fit in a bullet point, like Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®. We employ over 5,000 developers in over 30 countries spanning every continent and are on the top 120 companies of the NYSE Euronext Paris, ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA. Bazinga. Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.