iNK Stories is looking for the perfect candidate to push the boundaries of Gaming, Art, and Storytelling.
The Art Director is responsible for establishing, creating, and communicating the artistic vision of our games. The Art Director manages the Art Team to execute his or her vision, while considering production, design and technical realities. He or she is responsible for creating the approval process and has final approval over all artwork in our products.
Art Director Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain highest standards regarding aesthetic and technical aspects of all art content in treatment of episodic titles
- Build our art team - help us hire and train necessary art staff
- Manage art team and assets - have ownership of deliverables
- Supervise and support a team of internal and external artists with clear and consistent written and on-site direction
- Foster communication between art and all departments to execute the project’s vision
- Work with production to help create and manage the schedules of Concepts, Animation, Environments, Character Modeling, Character Setup, UI, FX and Choreographers with production team
- Oversee all Animation creation, including developing pipeline and motion capture coordination
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Must have 6 or more years experience with AAA/iOS 3D game development, artistic leadership and animation
- Possess an excellent knowledge of production life cycles and demands
- Experience creating, and following through to completion, art resource schedules
- Demonstrated experience in teaching technical and traditional art processes and mentoring artists
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of art production experience (Masters in Fine Arts preferred)
- Must have strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude
- Game engines - Familiarity with the pros and cons of contemporary game engines, including the Unity Engine
- Games, Comics, Pop-culture - Current and past trends
- Knowledge and ability to reference Art, Animation, Documentaries, Opening Movie Titles, Classic Adventure Games, Books and Poster art and of course, Ralph Bakshi
- Hitting deadlines
Along with your cover letter and resume, please include a link to your portfolio/reel with samples that represent the range of your skills. Show us your best stuff.