Nuclear Division is a mobile games start up founded by industry veterans located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, CA. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be on the ground level of a new company and create the next wave of fun and dynamic mobile games.
The Art Director position will be responsible for all aspects of art direction and production of a new, original gaming property - defining the overall visual style and driving that artistic vision from concept to launch. Reporting to the Studio Head of Production and working directly with the Design, Engineering and Production teams, the Art Director will manage and mentor the art team to create the highest quality work.
- Produce a unique artistic style that best showcases the creative vision and story of the game
- Create and design key artwork, game assets and marketing materials
- Provide concept art, sketches and reference throughout the entire development cycle
- Lead the art team in the creation of a cohesive vision and look
- Develop art requirements and production plans to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality art assets
- Identify risks and find ways to increase productivity in the asset creation pipeline
- Provide mentorship to the art team to develop strengths in all art capabilities.
- 5+ years of experience and at least 2 shipped AAA Console or Mobile games as an Art Lead or Art Director
- Knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines for 2D and 3D gaming
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with others including remote teams
- Experience staffing and managing a team of diversely talented artists
- Proven experience with all the necessary tools including 3D Studio Max/Maya, Photoshop, Flash & Unity
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems
Great to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts
- Experience with web-based scripting
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile development techniques
- Deep love and understanding of video games.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.