Be a part of a growing company and join our fun and exciting team! At Game Circus, we’re easy-going and have a casual atmosphere, yet are constantly striving to create the best mobile games that can be enjoyed by everyone!
Founded in 2010 and based in Dallas, many of Game Circus’ apps have amassed 1,000,000+ downloads on both iOS and Android platforms. Enjoy coming to work each day with flexible hours and vacation time, and take pride in being behind some of the most popular mobile games in the world!
Game Circus is seeking an Art Director for our mobile games! The position is based in Dallas, and you’ll report to our Creative Director while leading a team of talent artists. You’ll have your hands on all of our projects, including social/casual games for iPhone, iPad, tablets, Android devices and social networks.
- Lead, mentor, supervise and inspire art team in creating social/casual games
- Assist in establishing visual consistency as a brand at the studio level
- Direct style and implement vision of the games; character, environment, logo, user interface design
- Ensure quality control in post-production of our live games
- Maintain effective communication with artists, peers and other departments within the company to manage expectations and results, and ensure all project targets are met or exceeded
Our ideal candidate:
- Highly motivated, with a deep passion for video games
- 4-6 years art director/lead concept artist experience
- Photoshop master (skills with 3D software a plus)
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging
- A graphic style that is cute / casual / cartoony
- Strong, proven knowledge of fonts, graphic design principles, user interface function and design (tailored for social / casual games – clean, simple, fresh and readable art assets)
- Ability to direct an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished product
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Track record in delivering excellent work while managing dynamic, competing priorities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with the focus to complete a project on time
- Fantastic written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with both the creative and technical side of the position
- Experienced, autonomous and versatile.