With multiple gaming awards such as: 2012 Time Magazine’s #1 Game of the year, Gamespot’s PC game of the year and countless other awards to their name, this multi-award winning business employs about 300 people and is taking the MMO gaming world by storm. With 3 Million players and growing since launch, this is a fantastic opportunity to take the Art team to the next level by growing Guild Wars 2 worldwide success.
- Be an upbeat, collaborative member of the teams you support as well as the Production team. We value personality fit as much as experience and will flex for the right person.
- Partner with design leadership to manage deliverables, enforce a high quality bar, and guide day-to-day operation of teams.
- Support multiple teams focused on core GW2 features and game modes. Drive short, medium, and long-term development plans, manage external dependencies, triage, mitigate risks, etc.
- Drive deadlines. Keep constant vigilance on future deadlines and milestones compared to current project status. Update teams and stakeholders often.
- Act as a liaison between teams and stakeholders. Report status upward and communicate initiatives, priorities, and process to the teams.
- Champion process. Enforce company process and pipelines across all teams. Understand how new processes will affect your teams and plan accordingly.
- Be a reliable, outward-facing representative for your teams.
Hard Skills Requirements
- 2+ years of Production or Project Management experience
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Have completed at least one game development cycle from start to ship
- Experience with project management software and tools. e.g. Rally, Hansoft, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Soft Skill Requirements
- Passion for games. We play our game often and focus all our energy on making it better. Loving games really is part of the job.
- Excellent communication ability. You will need to listen to and summarize complicated details to members of various disciplines and levels across the organization.
- Detail oriented. There is a lot going on in a AAA studio and you need to be aware of everything that might affect your teams and vice versa.
- Unflappable. You must be a reliable, go-to source for all your teams’ and stakeholders’ needs no matter what is going on.
- Familiarity with Guild Wars 2, but a passion for it is even better. Experience with other MMOs would be a good second choice.
- Affinity for or experience with competitive games and game modes
- Prior experience in video game QA.
- ScrumMaster certification
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Please send a Cover Letter / CV that includes your two favorite video games and why.