Albany, New York
Playstation 4, Wii U, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Animator-Temporary Vicarious Visions, developer ofnumerous award winning games, including Skylanders Swap Forice, Skylanders SpyroAdventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 isseeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Animator to join our team of talented developers in creating nextgeneration games for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii platforms. This position is temporary, likely lasting 12months. Candidates must be able torelocate to Albany, NY and work onsite. No remote work. Your responsibilities will include:
The skills& experience we’re looking for:
- Work closely with the Animation Lead developing, defining and maintaining high-end animation.
- Seek out guidance from lead and other experienced artists to provide the best quality artwork and most efficient methodologies.
- Proactive in creating solutions and solving problems.
- Participate in peer reviews, giving and receiving team feedback.
- Able to work with team members of other disciplines. Such as, communicating with game-play programmers for implementing character mechanics.
- Generating and presenting ideas for Artist development.
- Contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle.
You’ll really get noticed with these:
- Must excel at the Principles of Animation with high quality timing, weight, and acting skills.
- Excellent skills and understanding of character motion in a range of styles.
- Experience animating in 3D Software, such as 3DSMax and Character Studio.
- Must have a passion to create the best quality artwork possible for any game genre or platform that is assigned (Xbox360, PS3, Wii, NDS handheld).
- Task driven, self-motivated & proactive.
- Adept to changing requirements.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Provide Samples of your animation on DVD, CD, or online with a clear explanation of what you did. You must have traditional art training and skills. Include samples of your 2D work, especially Figure Drawing.
- Experience with cinematic production
- Experince with Maya
- Character modeling.
- State machine setup and understanding (e.g. Havok Behavior).
- Passion for Video Games.
- Pre-production skills such as Storyboarding and Animatics.
- Rigging and Point Weighting character meshes.
- Work with facial animation.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested