AI- Artificial Intelligence. The field was founded on the claim that a central ability of humans, intelligence can be so precisely described that it can be simulated by a machine... so can you do that? Insomniac Games is looking for a talented programmer who can design and implement gameplay systems and features- specifically with AI in mind. If AI is your thing- then we want to hear from you! Read on:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Design and implement AI features within an established framework
• Design and implement modifications, reorganizations, extensions, and optimizations to existing code base
• Work closely with designers and artists to implement their ideas, providing technical, creative, and scheduling feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals.
• Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables as well as non-programming prerequisites for feature implementation.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong 3D math skills, including but not limited to practical knowledge of vectors and vector operations, matrices and matrix transformations, and the various different representations of rotations (Euler, angle-axis, quaternion).
• The basics of intersection testing and collision is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of C, C++ and Python programming languages.
• Adaptive coding style. Visual Studio experience and Maya experience a plus.
• Understanding of procedural, object oriented, and aspect oriented programming paradigms.
• Must have shipped one or more titles, with AI implementation as the main responsibility.
Other Skills: Good instincts for game design and creating fun and innovative gameplay. Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently when required. Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have been looking for, then we want to hear from you. Please use the link to apply directly to the position. Thanks!