Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements code.
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Writes documentation for other programmers’ use.
- Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions.
Summary of Requirements
- Prior experience working on AI and/or game-play systems for video games preferred.
- 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of 3D techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software.
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies.
- Professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#.
- Strong math and physics skills required.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with rapidly changing requirement, with a focus on quality is a must.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience video game programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. . . valuing diversity. . . celebrating strengths.