Nix Hydra Games is seeking 3D Modelers to join our team. Qualifying persons will be key members of a team for a new project; having the chance to partake from Day 1! This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment. As can be observed by the content of this job listing we are not interested in corporate fluff, big talkers, and people who aren’t 110% competent and dedicated to what they do. We expect everyone on the team to be proactive and take great pride in their craft. The proper candidate must also be passionate about or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
- 3D Modelers will:
- oddly enough, make 3D models
- texturing too
- most, if not all, lighting
- some camera work
- be testers
- and more…
- We expect anyone we hire to be diverse and understand all areas of game development: more specifically a solid understanding of level design, 2D art, 2D animation, and 3D animation. You don’t have to be a designer, a concept artist, or an animator, just understand them and their needs.
- Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to write Art Design Documents (ADDs) and provide work estimates for any associated tasks. You must think ahead about what is being built, and how it interacts with everything else in the game. Weird concept, we know.
- Meet with designers (and programmers when applicable) to ensure that there is a clear understanding and list of the assets required.
- Perform peer reviews for quality and consistency of art across the game. That means taking and giving constructive criticism and knowing how and when to assimilate feedback from peers.
Need to have:
- 2+ year(s) of related 3D modeling experience OR
- Degree centered in video game development
- Proficiency with Max or Maya
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience with at least one bug DB software: JIRA, DevTrack, Mantis, etc.
- Experience with at least one source control software: Perforce, SVN, Alienbrain, etc.
Much more likely to get the job (in order of importance):
- 2+ years of game development experience
- Experience with Unity, Havok, or similar game engine
- Shipped a game for a female target audience from start to finish
- Experience with iOS, Android, or Windows Phone platforms
Nix Hydra Games is a mobile gaming startup for young women based in Los Angeles. We are backed by a group of angel investors that include very successful game startup founders. We made a virtual pet game called Egg Baby with millions of tween and teen girl fans.