Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D character artist to join the World of Warcraft team. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing a diverse visual range of characters and creatures. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The character artist must be skilled in another form of art production as well -- illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing -- and be well-versed in related tools --3ds Max, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate also works well in an environment with peers who are passionate about making great games.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color and detail in creating texture maps.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D character artist
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and illustration
- A passion for developing online games
- Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.