Cloud Imperium Games is seeking skilled 3D Artists to work in our Santa Monica studio on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen! In this role, you will be contributing to the creation of the next great starships, developing highly detailed and visually exciting models that players will pilot while they explore the universe!
- Create high fidelity, high poly 3D spaceship models.
- Develop initial white-box models based on concepts.
- Design damage states and create LOD models.
- Model highly detailed and functional cockpits, and ship interiors and exteriors.
- Create add-on ship components like weapons, engines, power trains, etc.
- Develop additional variations of existing ship models.
- Work with animators and technical artists and designers to ensure that the ship model meets all game requirements.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
- Work with designers, technical artists, and partner studios to understand and interpret ship design, file naming, and directory structure requirements within the engine’s and game’s limitations.
- Proficient in advanced modeling software like Maya or 3DS Max.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Previous experience creating high quality environments and models for AAA games.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes and models.
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Hard surface modeling experience.
- An eye for the inner workings and interactions of mechanical parts.
- Experience with CryEngine.
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes.
- Knowledge and/or experience with PBR (physically based rendering).
- Experience with programmatic and/or parametric environment generation tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An avid gamer and lover of science fiction.
- Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design.
Please send your resume or CV in PDF, HTML, text, or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “3D Artist” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.