Lead Online/Multiplayer Designer
Sledgehammer Games / Activision | Foster City CA 94404 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/10/2009
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, and at www.sledgehammergames.com.
We are looking for someone to take on the major responsibilities of:
• Leading the design effort to create innovative multiplayer experiences.
• Designing multiplayer maps: creating initial paper-map designs, building 3D rough maps, participating in extensive playtesting sessions, iterating and improving maps based on feedback and playtesting, and working closely with artists when they take over the map to make it look amazing.
• Creating and maintaining detailed multiplayer design documents.
• Design and implementation of multiplayer HUD and lobby.
• 5 years experience working on current AAA multiplayer shooters for current consoles and PC.
• Must demonstrate advanced experience with current multiplayer design and be an avid gamer with a passion for creating great games.
• Experience building rough geometry in a 3D modeling program.
• Substantial mod or community-map making experience will be taken into consideration.
• Knowledge of Maya, Quake and Unreal
To be considered for this position, please apply directly on our website at: http://activision.taleo.net/careersection/10020/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=GAM00005I
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Foster City, CA, 94404, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|