SuperBot Entertainment, inc. | Culver City CA 90232 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/31/2011
We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and are currently in production of a yet-to-be announced PS3 title. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.
Our passion, drive and creative culture, propel us to think outside the box and push the envelope in every facet of what we do.
We are currently searching for a LEAD DESIGNER with the following skills and experience:
Description of responsibilities -
• Work with the Game Director to substantially and decisively guide the evolution of the game design from initial documentation through testing.
• Creating and documenting basic and advanced game systems.
• Aggressively prototyping and iterating core game mechanics.
• Facilitating inter-department communication in order to ensure high-quality implementation.
• Overseeing the entirety of the game design, including mechanics, levels and UI.
• Proactively identifying workflow issues and offering solutions.
• Imagining, envisioning and devising new approaches, concepts, models, designs and processes.
• Providing feedback and guidance to more junior team members to foster their development as game designers.
• Collection and processing of player data and feedback to inform project-wide decisions.
Experience required –
• An in depth understanding of major elements of game design including, system design, level design, mode design, character interaction, character mechanics, AI, story, interface, balance and difficulty.
• Experience implementing with 3D development tools.
• The ability to communicate well across disciplines; excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, mechanics and ideas.
• Demonstrable success in creating compelling and fun gameplay, scenarios and encounters.
Experience preferred –
• Shipped at least one game on a current-gen console as a Lead Designer or have at least 5 years’ experience in the industry in a Senior or Lead role.
• A strong familiarity with online mode and matchmaking design as they apply to console gaming.
If you feel like this is a fit for you, please submit your resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Culver City, CA, 90232, United States|
|Categories||Game / Level Designer / Creative Director|
|Work Site||On site|
|Contact Name||Rita Mines|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Phone||323 6402979|