Senior PS3 Programmer
38 Studios | Timonium MD 21093 USA | Full Time | Posted: 10/02/2009
Would you like to become part of the team that includes the creative visionaries behind Oblivion and Rise of Nations, as well as Drizzt Do’Urden and Spawn? 38 Studios, LLC is currently seeking a Senior PS3 Programmer to join the team at the Big Huge Games studio in Timonium, Maryland. This is a full-time time position with competitive salary, full benefits and 401k, and the chance to be part of gaming history!
* Work with engineering team to create high quality software that meets both functional and non-functional requirements.
* Work with the other departments to define and reach common goals, focusing on technical efforts within crews.
* Spend on average about 80% of the time directly in code (developing new code, updating or maintaining existing code, or fixing bugs)
* Mentor less experienced engineers, helping to define short-term and mid-term schedules and milestones, participating in code reviews and interviews, and leading small to medium sized teams.
* Report directly to the CTO. Position may or may not have direct reports.
Knowledge, skills & ability requirements
* Knowledge: Very strong knowledge of C++ required. Excellent debugging skills and solid software design skills. Has a working knowledge of most disciplines (e.g. AI, animation, rendering, UI, networking, etc), and expertise in PS3 development. Demonstrate a deep understanding of console memory management.
* Competencies: Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organization and efficient time management skills are required. Understands how to work on large teams in a deadline-driven environment.
* Experience: Minimum 5 years game industry experience. At least 2 shipped titles is preferred, with significant hands-on technical contributions on at least one on a AAA-level PS3 title. Experience with optimizing data and code for the PS3.
Big Huge Games, a game development studio located in Timonium, Maryland, was founded in February 2000. In May 2009, Big Huge Games was acquired by 38 Studios, LLC. Organized to create top-quality smash-hit games, Big Huge Games emphasizes excellence in all aspects of game development: design, artwork, technology, and production values alike.
38 Studios is a media and entertainment company founded in 2006 by former MLB pitcher Curt Schilling. Its game development team is in pre-production on an original fantasy IP driven by the creative and artistic visions of pop-culture icons R. A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane. Entertainment products will include an immersive online entertainment experience that transcends the traditional MMOG genre, an RPG, novels, comics, toys, movies, TV, and more. Corporate headquarters in Maynard is a fun, energetic place to work, where the company mantra, “How cool would it be if . . . ?” infuses the team with a commitment to passion, integrity, and innovation.
Please submit resumes and portfolio to: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. 38 Studios, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
|Location||Timonium, MD, 21093, United States|
|Categories||Programmer / Engineer|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Pref Degree||Secondary (High) School|
|Work Site||On site|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||BHG PS3|